I am selling my custom converted Mercedes Sprinter Van. To learn about my van life experience and the history of this van, check out the blog post I did last year, http://www.swallowbicycleworks.com/blog/2016/8/5/the-swallow-bicycle-works-sprinter-van. Since that post was written the van has been lived in-and-out of for about 3-months at a time. The van is parked while I am bike touring, and driven highway/paved miles when it’s being lived in. I am including a lot of features and equipment that make this van ready to live/adventure in the day you pick it up with the hope it gives you the freedom it gave me.
This van is a weekend adventure, a home on wheels for 1-2 people, or a team transport vehicle. It’s just as great for weekend trips to rides, races and campouts as it is full-time living on the road, going town to town, public space to public space. This is a van for someone looking to get out comfortably, economically, sooner rather than later, with a lot of character and quirks.
Since it was purchased new in the Spring of 2014 this van has been driven 82,000 miles around the United States. The AC compressor was replaced last month and has a 2-year parts and service warranty, transferable to the new owner. The tires were replaced last summer with Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires. Below the photos, I list the stock van specifics as it was purchased, the custom home conversation specifics, a small list of flaws, and service. As I mentioned before I’m including a lot of the equipment used with this home conversation to make it as comfortable for you as it was for me, so check the included equipment list as well.
Stock Van Specifics
MERCEDES-BENZ SPRINTER 2014 2500 CREW VAN 144
- 4CE 4 Cyclinder Engine/7G-Tronic Transmission: 2.1L I4 Turbo Diesel BlueTec Engine. 161 Horsepower @ 3,800 rpm. 266 lb-ft Torque @ 1,400-2,400 rpm. ECO power steering pump. Battery management. Electric fuel pump. Refrigerant compressor. 22-26 Mpg.
- Rear Wheel Drive
- YK3 Cargo Straps = D Rings
- W73 Rear Door Step – Bumper, Gray
- M40 Alternator 14 V/220 A
- MS1 Cruise Control
- F68 Exterior Mirror – Power/Heated
- ED4 AGM Battery 12V 95 Ah
- D03 Roof – High
- Color: Arctic White
- VY2 Tunja Black Upholstery
- Front Stabilizer Bar
- Rack & Pinion Steering
- Rear Leaf Springs
- Hydraulic Jack
- Front & Rear Mudflaps
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 6.5J x 16 Steel Wheels
- Tires LT245/75R16
- All-Season Tires (Replaced Summer 2016)
- Spare Wheel
- 270 Degree Opening Rear Doors
- Adjustable Driver’s & Passenger’s Seat
- Armrests for Driver’s & Passenger’s Seat
- Adjustable Steering Wheel
- Automatic Heating & Air Conditioning System (AC Compressor Replaced Summer 2017)
- Electric Heater Booster
- Audio 15 with FM/AM, Bluetooth, Aux-In, USB
- Outside Temperature Display
- Front Ashtray
- Speedometer in mph & km/h
- Manually Adjustable Interior Rearview Mirror
- Shelf Above Windshield (Replaced with larger shelf above windshield)
- Wood Floor (replaced with nicer wood floor winter 2016)
- Driver Airbag
- 5 Speakers
- Passenger Airbag
- Seatbelt Reminder for Driver
- Adaptive Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Dual-Circuit 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Power Windows
- Remote Central Locking
- Start-Off Assist
- 26.4 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Single-Pole Battery Master Switch
- Body Builder Connector Under Driver’s Seat
- Fuel Filter with Water Separator
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Brake Assist (BAS)
- Jump Start Terminal
Custom Home Conversion Specifics
INSULATION & HEADLINER
- Roof Insulation: Roof/Double Reflectix Insulation/1” pink foam board/Double Reflectix Insulation/Factory Headliner
- Wall Insulation: Double Reflectix Insulation/Denim Batting or 1” pink foam board (depending on suitability) sealed with plastic sheeting and factory panels or wood.
- ·Front: Fan-tastic 3-speed reversible fan with thermostat with clear smoke lid
- Back: Fantastic vent with screen with clear smoke lid
- Special Note With the doors and windows closed, open the rear vent and set the front fan to exhaust mode to pull air out of the van and create a nice breeze into the van, directly over the sleeping compartment.
- 12V 125AH AGM “Home” battery is coupled to the main battery with a Blue Sea ACR. The “Home” battery is also charged by a 100watt Renogy Solar Panel on the roof through a Morningstar PWM-15 Solar controller.
- Prowatt Pure Sine Inverter is used for 110V AC items like big battery lights, laptops, etc
- 3 Light switches Paired to 3 sets of LED lights illuminate different zones of the van.
- Special Note Everything used while stopped, runs from the “Home” battery, allowing the main battery to remain fully charged so the van always starts.
SINK & WATER SUPPLY
- Ikea Stainless Tub inserted to former wooden bread counter top with secret door.
- Facet: Weighted Platypus hose/valve powered by light-switch drawing from clean 5 gallon tank
- Plumbing: MTB Inner tube connected to the dink drain, which can be run to the outside of the van or to a catch basin for grey water.
- Water Supply: 12V Fountain Pump with 5 Gallon BPA-Free Plastic tank and hose running to Platypus hose and light-switch.
- 4” Memory foam pad custom cut to size (54” x 76” a little longer than a full size bed)
- Mounted on a uni-strut frame with plywood deck
- Uni-strut L-brackets and 3/8” coarse sheet metal screws attach the bed frame directly to the ban body.
- Dometic 37Liter 12V Portable Refrigerator/Freezer
- Powered by "Home" battery
- One-Up 4-Bike Rack
- Special Note The height of the bed leaves room for up to 4-bikes to be stored at one time with both wheels installed, making it easy to get them in, and out.
RECYCLED WOOD WORK
- Pilot Shelving
- Double Cabinet
- Bench and Cubbies
- Bedroom Cubbies (compartments for clothing/additional gear)
- Black-out fabric attached with velcro easy to roll down and up
- Offers insulation from the heat and the cold
- 1mm chip in windshield on driver sized. Sealed immediately in August 2017.
- On the top right side of the roof there is a small 3” x 3” circular dent caused by a low tree branch in Portland, Oregon.
- July 21, 2017 Replaced AC Compressor includes 2-year parts and labor warranty transferable to new owner.
- All service and oil changes have been completed by Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Technicians.
- A detailed history of all service is available upon request.
- One-Up 4-bike Interior Bike Rack
- 2” Hitch Receiver
- 2” Ball Hitch
- Brake converter for towing
- 5 Gallon Water Tank
- Snow Chains
- Roof Rack
- Bench Seat Cushion
- Memory Foam Mattress
- Towel Rack
- Trash Can
- Bungees for Stove Storage
Link to Craigslist Ad: https://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/6263418414.html
Contact: Sarahjean.email@example.com or text (513) 293-4306